- A daily dose of poetry
- Daily dose of poetry – June
- Poetry books!
- Animal Poetry
- Writing poetry
- Poetry resources
- Poetry book of the month June
- Fun Reading Ideas
- Picture books
- Developing a thematic approach
- Texts for supporting outside learning
- The National Strategies units of work
- Cross curricular writing in KS 2
- Interesting resources to support writing
- Winter and Christmas
- Brilliant films to support great literacy teaching
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
- Cracking blogs and websites!
- Educational visits
- Books of the month
- The Midnight Hour – Read & Trinder
- The day the crayons quit – Daywalt & Jeffers
- The day the crayons came home – Daywalt & Jeffers
- There’s a lion in my cornflakes – Robinson & Field
- Sam’s Sandwich – Pelham
- Little Robin’s Christmas – Fearnley
- Battle Bunny – Scieszka, Barnett & Myers
- Rooftoppers – Rundell
- Circus of thieves – Sutcliffe & Tazziman
- Training and support
- Training available
- Support packages
- School Workshops
- Up and coming training courses
- SCHOOL CALENDAR
Archive for May, 2020
Welcome to my newly revamped web site.
I created this website a few years ago, when I became a freelance English consultant, but then life side-swiped me and it felt easier to give little sound bites on Twitter (@justdawned). Now, things have changed again and we are all in the middle of very unsettling times. It felt right to try to rebuild my website as sometimes you just want, and need, to say more!Read more…
My love affair with poetry has been an extremely long one! Throughout June I challenged myself to think of a theme every day and to tweet four poems that could be used to help teachers explore it. So far we have looked at diverse themes such as poetry, school, identity, smiling and myths and monsters (these daily anthologies will be shared in the poetry section once I have everyone’s permission!).
This is my friend’s little boy writing from his heart. I hope that his wish comes true!